Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spider Silk


"Gossamer" known as spider silk. i like the way spider silk sounds.
I've always loved seeing massive spider webs on the high ways when traveling in the early hours of the morning. or in gardens when walking to work. i dont like being caught in them, and then flapping around as if possessed because no-one can see what the hell it is your throwing a body fit over. and even though im not much of a spider fan, i really am mesmerized by the beauty these guys create...

2 comments:

  1. Oh this makes me miss Collin. Although he didn't really build webs, just sat in the corner of my wall. Sure I was a little scared of him at first, and my trust was a bit edgy at time when he'd pull some weird positions. But as probably around 5 weeks went by i grew fond of his presence in my room. Day after day. I know I could come home to him and that he would be there. I wish you got to meet him. I thought surely he won't hurt me. He watches me wake up, change my clothes, open the curtains in the morning, clean my room, study, read, sleep.. He must be protective of me :) He was beautifully big too.
    But I let him free
    xx kamal

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Jags) i do remember you talking about him once or twice though...awww...strange how we give these spiders a name. i remember Neisha had a 'Barry' and someone else had a Henry. makes me want to read Charlotte's Web again! actually that was a bit sad toward the end...still, i agree with you how there is a lil fear but then they do have that protective instinct about them.

    ReplyDelete